Sunday, March 24, 2013

Home improvements

I haven't posted anything in this blog in awhile. Not because I haven't had anything to say, but because I haven't taken the time to sit down and actually write about anything. And I've discovered so many fun makeup and food things to share too! I'll get to those soon.

The thing is, I've been in a bit of a funk. Maybe because in a few weeks I'll be turning 40 and I'm doing that silly self-contemplating thing we sometimes do when turning an age that ends in "0", maybe because a lot of what I'd like to share involves my (somewhat negative) feelings about other people and this is the internet where anyone can find anything and I don't want to be accused of libel or anything. So, I haven't written.
But then I went on vacation for two weeks. I escaped winter in the the mid-Atlantic of the U.S. and flew south to a land where everyday was sunny, warm, and low humidity.

I did a lot of staring at the horizon. I spent time with loved ones. I got a pedicure from a cute heterosexual male. I drank some great wine. It was a pretty fabulous vacation.

Then I got home. There was leak in one of the pipes, and a big chunk of the carpet in my condo was flooded. My refrigerator had stopped keeping things cool. And my dryer had stopped getting things hot and dry. So after 10 years living in the same place, my condo decided to tell me it too was in a funk.

I had originally planned on going to a big makeup trade show in New York to celebrate the big milestone birthday - get some cool tips, and expand my stash at a discount. But now I have to save those pennies and get paints and polishes for my home. I knew it was time for a change, but sometimes it takes everything falling apart at once to kick change into high gear. Besides, let's be honest, I already own way too much makeup, and I haven't done any home improvements in way too long.

So this coming year, in addition to looking at pretty makeup pictures on Pinterest, I'll be looking at home decor pictures, and hopefully by giving my home a makeover, help us both through our funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment